044: Facebook's No Good Very Bad Week
Between Frances Haugen's testimony, a mega outage of Facebook properties including Facebook.com, Instagram, and What's App, and a $7 billion drop in Mark Zuckerberg's personal wealth in a matter of hours, it's safe to say that Facebook has been having a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad time of it. There have even been rumors that Facebook's "work from home" policy is being rescinded; though, such claims have been denied by the company. Today, the crew talks about everything that's going on in the Facebook universe. And, Tim shares his own harrowing experience with Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) catastrophes and why Facebook's networking woes were a little too triggering for his own comfort.
Notes & Links
- Gone in Minutes, Out for Hours: Outage Shakes Facebook
- Here are 4 key points from the Facebook whistleblower's testimony on Capitol Hill
- Zuckerberg loses $7 billion over Facebook outage; Telegram, Signal gain
- Facebook denies end to 'WFH forever' rule in wake of mega outage
- DNS - Domain Name System
- BGP - Border Gateway Protocol
Follow the show! Our website is workingcode.dev and we're @WorkingCodePod on Twitter and Instagram. Or, leave us a message at (512) 253-2633 (that's 512-253-CODE). New episodes drop weekly on Wednesday.
And, if you're feeling the love, support us on Patreon.
With audio editing and engineering by ZCross Media.
prev episode: 043: Relay Race Programming