Support The Podcast
Thanks for your interest in supporting the show! You rock!🤘
We're just happy to have an excuse to talk to each other and share our thoughts with the world. Even if you can't do anything listed below, thank you for listening!
There are lots of ways to support the podcast!
- Tell a friend
- Make a one-time donation
- Start your own podcast
- Shop on Amazon
- Become a Patron
What do you need money for?
That is a fantastic question. We want you to know that we're investing your donations into making a better podcast for you. To date we've spent listener donations on:
- This domain (workingcode.dev)
- Pro audio production for our intro & outro
- A subscription to riverside.fm which makes it easy for us to get a high quality recording (our first few episodes were recorded on Zoom, and there's a noticeable difference!)
- Storage space and backups (5+ hours of audio stored in raw wav every week starts to pile up fast!)
Here are a few things that we'd like to do with additional money when it's available:
- Repay hosts for their personal investments in quality microphones
- Paying an editor
- And more!
- If you have ideas or requests, please reach out and let us know!
Tell a friend
One of the best things you can do to support the show is help us get more listeners. Tell your friends and coworkers about the podcast. A word of mouth referral is worth dozens of 5-star ratings to someone who is trying to decide what to listen to.
Make a one-time donation
If you want to help us out financially, but monthly donations aren't your thing, email us and we'll figure out the best mutually agreeable tool.
Start your own podcast
We're using Riverside.fm to record our audio, and we really like it. Not only that, but they have an affiliate program. If you create an account using our affiliate link then we get 10% and it doesn't cost you any extra.
If you really do want to start your own podcast, Adam highly recommends shut up and start talking by the inimitable Michael Chan of React Podcast.
...But use our affiliate links below. 😉
Shop on Amazon
In the unlikely event that you're not familiar with the way Amazon affiliate links work, here's the tl;dr:
- You follow a link to an amazon product with someone's affiliate code baked in. Ours, in this case.
- Anything* you buy on Amazon after clicking that link sends a small percentage of the cost of that item to us, without increasing the price you pay at all.
- So if you're already shopping on Amazon anyway, why not click our link and send a few pennies our way?
* Anything?! Yes, anything. Adam has received referral dollars for someone's underwear purchases and he's positive he's never sent out underwear referral links. We can see what you buy, so be sure to prank us by buying all kinds of weird stuff with our referral link! 😜
Become a Patron
If you think we've earned it we would love to have you as a supporter on Patreon:
Become a Patron!
Benefits for Patrons
To show our appreciation for our patrons, we provide them these benefits:
Every patron, at every tier, gets a lifetime invitation to our Discord. Even if you end your subscription, keep your Discord membership! Thanks for being rad, and enjoy hanging out with the other rad patrons!
- Our first tier is just $4 per month; ostensibly $1 per episode. For months containing 5 weeks, the 5th one is on us! This tier only includes Discord membership.
- Middle-tier and higher patrons get a private early-access feed where we post our episodes as soon as they're ready, possibly as much as a week early! This feed also includes our
- Top-tier supporters are truly embodying the spirit of Patronage and helping fund the show in a way that sustains us long-term. It's possible that there's nothing we could do to repay this kindness, but we're going to do our best! We'll read your name (or a surrogate moniker of your choosing) on every show, and whenever we do something new and exciting (merch? special goodies?) these fine folks will get it all first.
After we end each episode we keep the microphones recording for another 10-20 minutes and talk about... well, anything we want to! Topics there are random and everything is fair game! Sometimes it's secret stuff, sometimes it's completely random, sometimes we'll tease it during the episode. Like a box of chocolates with no key, you never know what you're going to get!
For instance, this happened:
On the surprises I get when recording @WorkingCodePod with these guys @AdamTuttle, @BenNadel, and @timcunningham71 pic.twitter.com/bAWD4DmW9F— Carol (@k_Roll242) February 5, 2021